1. Get shokot to the max. Can’t get enough of the hit film Zombadings? Now, enter the Zombadings Shokot House at Eastwood City Walk. This house of horror will either scare you so much that you would race for the exit or make you laugh like the movie did. Open until October 31, from 5PM to 11PM. Entrance fee is P100. Midnight screenings are also scheduled at the Eastwood Mall Cinema on October 28 to 30, go if you haven’t seen it yet or go and watch it again and again! For more information, call 709-0888.
2. Much ado about Resorts World. What? You haven’t been to Resorts World Manila? Well, this weekend is the time to satisfy your curiosity to find out what’s all the fuss about Resorts World Manila. Check out its high-end bars, casinos and luxury malls, and while you’re at it, visit the Newport Mall for its Halloween Cocktail, held daily until November 15, and Grand Masquerade on October 30.
Talk about responsible drinking, in Halloween Cocktails,11 participating restaurants have concocted drinks---and a portion of each sale will go to Alay sa mga may Kapansanan Association Inc. Feeling thirsty now? Get the gang together for drinks tonight and go resto-hopping for drink like Johnny Chow's Bloodfire, Crisostomo's Sisa's Ghost, New Orleans Diablo Mojito, and UCC Cafe Terrace's Vampire's Kiss, to name a few. Resorts World is located at Newport Boulevard, Newport City, Cybertourism Zone, Pasay City.
3. Hide in style. Stop worrying about household stuff (yes, washing dishes or making up your bed for a change!) and pamper your family with a stay at a luxury hotel like Acacia Hotel. The newest five-star hotel in Alabang comes with all the deluxe amenities you’ll ever need; reviews have raved about its efficient and warm service. The swimming pool, gym, and spa areas, however, are still non-operational. Till end of October, the hotel’s deluxe rooms are at P4,888 nett or 55 percent off the published rates. On October 30, the hotel has planned its Creep-tacular Forest Halloween Party at its new Samanae activity center. Acacia Hotel is at 5400 Asia Drive corner Commerce Avenue, Filinvest Corporate City, Alabang, Muntinglupa. For inquiries and reservations, call (632) 720-2000 and (632) 588-5888.
4. Get lost in space. Explore outer space at the Hotel InterContinental Manila’s Grand Ballroom and party with extra-terrestrials and space heroes. The hotel provides a lot of games, activities---trick or treats to arts and crafts--and of course, good food. The hotel is located at 1 Ayala Avenue, Edsa. For information call (632) 793-7000.
5. Sit back, relax, watch a movie. Scare each other’s wits out, and go see the horror and suspense flick that topped the US Box office weekend (and toppled Hugh Jackman’s latest starrer, Real Steel) Paranormal Activity 3. Although it is the third movie from the franchise, it is actually a prequel as it is set 18 years before the first two films. Paranormal Activity 3 is sure to be a spine-tingling treat for the Halloween. If a scary movie is too much, then the Three Musketeers would fill your weekend. The movie stars Orlando Bloom, Mila Jovovich, Luke Evans, and Logan Lerman.
6. Watch The Sound of Music. The Newport Performing Arts Theater (NPAT) at Resorts World Manila is alive with the music of Rodgers and Hammerstein, as it stages the well-loved and award wining Broadway musical. Joana Ampil and Cris Villonco star as Maria, while Audie Gemora alternates with Ed Feist as Captain Georg von Trapp. The show will run until December 11, 2011. Show times are 8 PM on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays; 3 PM and 8 PM on Saturdays and 3 PM on Sundays. For ticket reservations and inquiries, visit any Ticketworld outlet or the Resorts World Manila Box Office.
7. See Peter Pan fly. Catch some fairy dust at the Meralco Theater, Ortigas as Repertory Philippines and Stages presents Peter Pan. In the lead role is Sam Concepcion, who plays the boy who never grows up. He shares the stage with Menchu Lauchengco, Jaime Del Mundo, Tippy Dos Santos and Cara Barredo, among others. Show time is on Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00PM, with a matinee show on Saturdays and Sundays at 3:30PM. The play runs till October 30. For more information call Repertory Philippines at (632) 571-6926 or (632) 571-4941.
8. See a concert. Spend the night of October30 listening to the relaxing music of international superstar, Jason Mraz. The singer-songwriter will have a one-night show at the Araneta Colisuem where he will perform hits like “I’m Yours” and “Lucky”. Tickets are priced at P800 to P3,500. For more information call Ticketnet at 911-5555.
9. Listen to orchestra music. The Cultural Center of the Philippines presents Greenilda versus the Litterbugs: A Halloween Family Concert on October 30, 2:30 PM at the CCP Little Theater. The concert features the Metro Manila Concert Orchestra led by Josefino Chino Toledo. Let your kids learn about orchestra music and environmental conservation. For more information and ticket reservations, call the CCP Marketing Office at 8321125. Students can enjoy a 50-percent discount while seniors get 20 percent off. Ticket prices range from P500 to P800.
10. Can’t beat ‘em, then party! But, of course, if you enjoy the thrill of seeing people in their scariest costumes and just having a good time, then join the parties scattered all over the metro. One big gig to go to is Black Party Manila 2011 at Orosa corner Nakpil Streets in Malate, Manila. Fun starts at 10 PM.