Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Goodbye MOD!

Although I was not part of this magazine when it had reached its pinnacle, I am still glad to have been part of MOD Mag.

I guess none of my colleagues, when they worked there was even part of MOD during its heyday. Well, none except our great editor-in-chief Cynthia U. Santiago.

The Angel Locsin Cover Story I worked on. 

I remember every time I would attend a presscon, and I told people I was from MOD Mag, they will reply, "ay yung malaki,' and will make hand gestures to mimic the size. The MOD Mag that I worked for was the standard magazine size, 11x8. However sad but true, Mod that time was losing its direction.

I learned from a former colleague that this October 2013 issue will be MOD's last. The company, owned by National Bookstore, had decided to shut it down.

Thirty-eight years in the publishing industry is a formidable feat, and for a woman, it is still an age wherein one feels her beauty. To MOD, Forever 38!

No comments: