Monday, March 21, 2016

Read: The Mystery Knight by George RR Martin

This prequel series deserves its place alongside the main books.

The bond between Ser Duncan the Tall and his squire has grown deeper. I just find Egg funny and heart warming, and Dunk's 'clout in the ear' threats and his sincerity to Egg to be of equal value.

 I wish I had read this sooner, but since I am saving up on my ASOIAF and GoT text (since WoW still has no release date), I just had to suspend reading the third novella. Also, so glad to have read this after the World of Ice and Fire. I kept on consulting the Daeron II and Aerys parts of this encyclopedia. Finally, glad to have uncovered the second Blackfyre Rebellion.
With the Red Dragon getting caught in the end. 


So happy that Brynden Rivers
the Three Eyed Crow in the ADWD
has made his appearance, as Bloodraven was only mentioned in the second book. I am more interested in his story

(with why he was sent to the Wall, if his powers were realized before he became hand, etc)
rather than the Blackfyre rebellion. But, if ever Martin does release a short story of any of these, I would be more than willing to buy and read. I wish and hope against hope that this isn't the last of Dunk and Egg's adventures. P.S. if you think the Game of Thrones is confusing (which some of my friends often complain) try reading this series or the Princess and the Queen and the Rogue Prince.


Goodreads blurb: 

11350430

The Mystery Knight is a novella published in 2010 as part of the Warriors anthology, edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois. It is the third in the series of "Dunk and Egg" stories. Previous stories are The Hedge Knight and The Sworn Sword.

No comments: